COVID–19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
Your health and well-being are IANA’s top priority during Intermodal EXPO 2021 in Long Beach, California. We are working with the Long Beach Convention and Events Center and our conference hotels (Hyatt Regency Long Beach, Renaissance Long Beach, and the Westin Long Beach) to ensure that you have a safe stay. All these venues have stringent cleaning and health standards and IANA is implementing all state and local safe meeting guidelines to ensure everyone’s safety.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ATTENDEES TRAVELLING THROUGH LAX, VAN NUYS AIRPORT AND UNION STATION
To help stop the spread of COVID-19, Los Angeles is requiring all travelers entering the city from another state or country to fill out this online form, acknowledging that they have read and understood the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) travel guidance. Travelers over the age of 16 must submit this form online prior to or upon arrival at Los Angeles International Airport, Van Nuys Airport, or Union Station. Failure to submit the form is punishable by a fine of up to $500.
As the situation regarding COVID-19 continues to evolve, IANA is committed to keeping attendees up to date on regulations and event protocols. The resources below are being updated as warranted and are accessible online for your use.
- California Department of Public Health
- County of Los Angeles Public Health
- The City of Long Beach, and
- the Hyatt and Marriott Health & Sanitization Guidelines
At this time the City of Long Beach and Los Angeles County require masks to be worn indoors, by anyone over the age of 2, regardless of vaccination status.
This directive aligns with the latest Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance related to mask requirements.
Additionally, we are instituting the following measures on-site:
- Masks will be readily available throughout the Convention Center.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available outside of every meeting room, and several additional stations providing masks and hand sanitizer have been added in the Exhibit Hall and Grand Ballroom spaces.
- Plexi Shields will be in place at event touchpoints, such as Registration, Information Desk, Luggage Check and anywhere you might interact with IANA staff
- Touchless Badge Printing stations will be in use at Registration
- All food and beverages will be served or passed by attendants; no self-service except for coffee and other beverages
- Exhibit Hall will have 10-foot aisles with 10 feet between booths
- Security Checks to remind participants to put on masks while indoors
We are also encouraging all Intermodal EXPO participants to download the CA Notify App, which tracks any changes to state and local safety requirements and event updates. More information about this can be found here.
If at any time during the conference you are not feeling well, or have any of the following symptoms, please do not attend any events, and obtain a COVID test immediately:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting, or
The nearest facility for testing is Long Beach Urgent Care at 555 E Ocean Blvd, #110, Long Beach CA 90802. For more information, please call 562-261-2799 or visit their website. Any costs for testing are the individual’s responsibility.
If you have any questions about these safety measures, please contact IANA’s Department of Conferences and Events at 301-982-3400 x 367.
Thank you for your cooperation,
The IANA Conferences & Events Team